Lost and Found
Lost and Found Dogs and Cats in Georgetown County.
Contact Saint Frances Animal Center and place a Lost or Found Report.
Georgetown Animal Control brings all dogs they pick up to us. If you are missing a dog, please call or come by to see if your pet has been brought it.
Animal Control does not pick up cats.
Email info on your pet to firstname.lastname@example.org; fax to 843-520-4848 or call 843-546-0780 (Press 3). Pictures are great a help.
– Make flyers: Include a photo and description of your pet, the date it and area it was lost in, and offer a reward if possible.
– Distribute the flyers throughout a large area. A confused and lost pet can roam great distances.
– Talk to neighbors and residents in the area.
– To help spread the word, take advantage of social media: Facebook, Twitter, etc.
– Post on craigslist.com under Community: Pets and Community: Lost/Found (remember to include photos!)
Contact local veterinarians in your area to file a lost/found report
Contact online animal welfare groups:
– Visit www.petfinder.com or www.petango.com to do a search based on your zip code.